The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences. With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples, its research activities impact on people’s health. At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine. The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong
cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.
Clinical Data Manager
2 year fixed-term contract, full-time, Start-date: ASAP
The Clinical Data Manager will join the LIH’s Competence Center for Methodology and Statistics (CCMS).
Within the clinical research hub of the Department of Population Health, the CCMS provides methodological support in statistical planning as well as analysis & data handling for various laboratories and research groups. It also offers training in statistics and support in writing papers.
To support the team and the new translational research center we are looking for a Clinical Data Manager who will be responsible for identifying the flow of all data within research projects, setting-up pseudonymization, defining inter-operability, handling the data management, supervising the data entry and performing the programming of edit checks to control the data of various projects. He/she will also guarantee the regulation, the quality, the confidentiality and the security of the data.
- Prepare the data flow throughout the project and the data processing according to the statistical analysis plan defined by the statistician and the researcher.
- Participate in the drafting and update of documents linked to the data management such as the CodeBook, the data management plan which defines the consistency edit checks, their monitoring and the stemming queries as well as the data transfer protocol.
- Work on databases for GDPR compliant identification and follow-up of study participants.
- Participate in initiatives to set-up inter-operability between data management systems, centralization of omics and clinical study data
- and/or federated data systems
- Process the project data: supervise the data input, control its quality, clean up and check for data errors and make the first comments
- Perform the programming of edit checks to control the data and manage the queries.
- Participate in documenting project files in the record management system.
- Participate in the proofreading of reports.
- Manage files according to Luxembourg Institute of Health instructions and ensure the traceability of all the work carried out.
- Participate in the operational committees, steering committees, multidisciplinary working groups and other meetings of the projects.
- Participate in the preparation of presentations for congresses.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Master level diploma with a specialization in Clinical Data Management
- Min. 3 years of experience in Clinical Data Management
- Experience in management of omics data, big data and interoperability of systems
- Good organizational and relational skills, precision, ability to manage an important work load and to respect deadlines.
- IT skills: SAS, SPSS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, IE, Capture system, MS-Access, Clinsight, Epidata, LimeSurvey
- Languages skills: fluent command of French and English.
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and curriculum vitae should be sent before 15 February 2021 through our website https://www.lih.lu/jobs/detail/clinical-data-manager-mv0121-13160